Terms & Conditions – Membership within the Skáldvik Viking Village
The New York Renaissance Faire (hereafter “NYRF”) conducts business at 600 Route 17A, Tuxedo, NY 10987 for the purpose of entertainment of patrons on Saturdays and Sundays from August 5, 2017 to October 1, 2017, and Labor Day Monday, September 4, 2017 (hereafter “Operating Days”) during the hours of 10 AM to 7 PM (hereafter “Operating Hours”).
PLEASE PRINT, SIGN, AND BRING THIS AGREEMENT TO COMPANY MEETING ON MAY 6, 2017
By special arrangement with the ownership of NYRF, Raven’s Head Productions, LLC (hereafter “RHP”) owns and operates the Skáldvik Viking Village (hereafter “Village”) for the purpose of providing to the patronage of NYRF during its Operating Days and Hours a living, breathing community of historical reenactors who “discover, uncover, rediscover, and demonstrate the old trades, crafts, and ways of the 8th to 11th century Scandinavians in the name of amateur experimental archaeology and edutainment“.
By accepting a membership within the Village, you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions and to work toward this mission.
The Village’s ultimate goal is the education and entertainment of the patrons. As members of the Village, you are perceived as a faire employee by the patrons and therefore represent not only yourself but also the Village and the New York Renaissance Faire at large.
Failure to obey these rules may result in a forfeit of any and all paid membership dues and immediate revocation of membership including all rights and benefits derived thereof without prior notice or warning. By joining the Village, you consent to these rules.
If you are removed from membership for any reason, you will no longer be permitted access to the internals of the encampment or the campgrounds unescorted. All personal belongings will be stored safely and unmolested until the end of the faire day or other non-faire operating hours at which point all personal belongings may be claimed under escort.
- Possession or use of illegal substances is prohibited when on the lands of NYRF or operating as a representative of the Village.
- Feet must be shod at all times when within the Village with approved hard-soled footwear.
- Operating as a Village representative under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances is forbidden.
- All members under the age of 13 will be supervised by attending parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Approved costuming must be worn at all times when within the Village during operating hours or acting as a representative thereof.
- Professional behavior must be displayed at all times.
- Cell phones and other electronics may only be used in backstage areas only such as the non-period campground, or within areas approved by Skáldvik management, e.g. any official storefront.
- Non-members and other unauthorized personnel are not permitted in any area deemed “off-limits” by Village or NYRF management. This includes period tents located within the Village proper.
- During non-operating hours, Village members may not trespass on the NYRF fairegrounds outside of the Village except in those areas designated for such passage.
- Camping is a privilege granted by the NYRF, not a right. It may be revoked at any time for any reason.
- Unauthorized personnel are not permitted in the backstage non-period camping area.
- Quiet hour is 10:30 PM during the Operating Days and Hours or at any other time dictated by NYRF management. All conversation must be reduced to a whisper.
- All campfires must be accompanied by a 5 gallon bucket of water and an ABC fire extinguisher within 15’ of fire. While the latter may be hidden from patronage view, it must be easily accessible at all times.
- Flashlights (not cell phone lights) must be used when traversing the NYRF grounds after sunset.
- Any tarps placed on nylon tents in the non-period campground must be green, brown, or woodland camouflage.
- All food must be stored in airtight containers during evening hours and within your tent.
- All members are responsible for their own costuming and the upkeep thereof and are subject to inspection and approval by the Village’s Authenticity Officers, RHP management, or NYRF management.
- Members with the benefit of parking shall ONLY park in the approved area behind the Tuxedo Ridge Ski Center and all cars to park in such area must be authorized to do so by the NYRF by displaying an official parking pass issued by the NYRF office.
- Members are permitted to drive their vehicles to the Village prior to 9 AM on a Operating Day for the purposes of loading/unloading only. All vehicles must be removed from the faire grounds prior to 9 AM on such days and placed in approved parking areas.
Skáldvik Viking Village Reenactment Release & Indemnification
REENACTING IS DANGEROUS, AND IN CONSIDERATION FOR BEING ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN REENACTING EVENTS ALL PARTICIPANTS AND PARENTS OF MINORS MUST INITIAL, DATE, AND SIGN THIS AGREEMENT.
By continuing with the acceptance of a membership within the Skáldvik Viking Village, you agree to the following.
I/we acknowledge that reenacting events, and related activities are DANGEROUS and entail known and unknown risks that may result in emotional injury, personal injury or DEATH to me/us, or damage to my/our property, or to other persons or parties or their property. Such risks of loss, injury or DEATH include, but are not limited to, bums, cuts, terrain conditions, heat prostration and related conditions, open flame, explosions, impacts from debris, accouterments, vehicles and/or weaponry, the failure to follow command orders or rules and regulations of event sponsors and host, rescue efforts or medical attention provided by anyone connected to the reenacting event, cardiac conditions, falls, or contact with animals.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK: With full knowledge and appreciation of the dangers, I/we have made a voluntary choice to participate in reenacting activities and events despite the risks that they present, and I/we voluntarily agree to assume sole responsibility for ANY AND ALL RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me/us as a result of participating in these activities unless caused by the gross negligence or willful or wanton misconduct of a “released party” below.
- RELEASE: I/we, on behalf of myself/ourselves and any party claiming an interest through me/us (including but limited to, heirs, spouses, parents, children and beneficiaries), voluntarily RELEASE, WAIVE AND DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE, Raven’s Head Productions, LLC, the trustees of, officers of, agents of, employees of, or members of any of these organizations; any owner, lessor, or lessee of any property on which these reenacting organizations conduct any activity; or the sponsors or the organizers of any reenacting event (singularly “released party” and collectively “released parties”) from and for all liability, claims, demands, actions, loss or damage on account of any injury to my/our person (INCLUDING DEATH) or property, whether caused by their NEGLIGENCE or for any other reason, excepting only the gross negligence or willful or wanton misconduct of a “released party,” while preparing for, practicing for, traveling to or from, or participating in, any reenacting event or workshop conducted by this organization.
- INDEMNIFICATION: I/we agree DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the “released parties” from any loss, liability, damage, claims or costs, including court costs and attorney fees, that they may incur arising out of or related to my/our participation in reenacting activities and events, whether caused by their negligence or for any other reason, excepting only their gross negligence or willful or wanton misconduct.
- SEPARATION OF RELEASEES: I/we agree that this ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT applies separately to each of the “released parties” and that the gross negligence or willful or wanton misconduct of one “released party” will not negate my/our assumption of the risk, release of, and duty to indemnify any “released parties” who are not grossly negligent or who have not acted willfully or wantonly.
- BREADTH: It is the intent of the undersigned that this ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT shall be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by New York State law. If any clause, subclause or portion of any sentence is held invalid, I/we agree that the balance shall continue in full force and effect.
- MEDICAL CONSENT/RULES: I consent to whatever medical care might be provided or available to me/us for any injury occurring during my/our participation in reenacting activities, events, or workshops. I further agree to be bound by, and abide by, the rules of the “released parties” while participating in any event or activity sponsored by, or affiliated with, them.
- WARRANTY: I/we have read and understood this ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT and all its terms. I/we warrant that no representations, statements or promises have been made to me/us to induce me/us to execute this agreement and the I/we do so voluntarily.
- FILM PRODUCTION, PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGE AND LIKENESS REPRODUCTION AND RELATED CAUSES I/we agree that all film production units, photographers, and other reproducers of my image or likeness have the right to use and license to others the use of my likeness and voice in all manner and means, worldwide and in perpetuity, without limitations, fee or royalty, including but not limited to the use of such image, likeness or voice on film, movies, movie trailers, video, DVD, music videos and soundtracks, and all promotional and merchandising efforts associated therewith.
By continuing with the acceptance of this membership, you agree to the above.
PLEASE PRINT, SIGN, AND BRING THIS AGREEMENT TO COMPANY MEETING ON MAY 6, 2017
Print Full Name
Name of child, if applicable
Relation to child